Same-Day Dental Implants in San Diego, CA
Instantly Restore Your Smile Following Extraction
Dental implant technology has advanced throughout the history of dentistry and today, oral surgeons are able to place a dental implant post immediately following extraction. These types of implants are called same-day or immediate implants, and they provide all the same function and health benefits as any other type of dental implant. Replacing missing or broken teeth with dental implants allows you to achieve healthy, permanent teeth that look and feel natural.
Dr. Paul Koshgerian and Dr. Jonathan Shelton are board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeons who specialize in implant dentistry and restorative treatments. At The Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Specialists of San Diego, our team creates a welcoming environment where we treat you with compassion and integrity every step of the way. To start your restorative dental journey, contact us to schedule an appointment at our East or Coastal office in San Diego, CA, where you will receive a custom treatment plan.
Immediate Dental Implants
You can receive a dental implant at any age as long as your jaw bone is healthy enough to support it. For both younger and older patients, dental implants have made it possible to achieve a natural-looking, healthier smile. Even though adult teeth are meant to last forever, a badly decayed or damaged tooth may require extraction to protect your other teeth. Once a tooth is extracted, you have a choice to make in how the missing tooth is replaced.
Choosing to immediately replace a tooth with a dental implant on the same day as extraction has high success rates and reduces the number of appointments needed to restore the tooth. By using dental implants to recreate a natural tooth’s root and crown, the jaw bone receives the stimulation it needs to stay strong and healthy. Additionally, when you have a tooth extracted and replaced on the same day, you never have to be without a complete smile.
If the infected tooth has caused infection to spread to nearby teeth and gum tissue, there’s a chance your jaw bone has been affected. In these cases, we can place a bone graft over the affected area to stimulate the growth of new bone. Once the healing process is complete, your jaw will be sturdy enough to support dental implants.
Options After Extractions
There are many options to choose from after having a tooth extracted. Dr. Koshgerian and Dr. Shelton will discuss your restoration options with you prior to your surgical procedure and help determine the right choice for your oral health.
- Single Tooth Replacement. Whether it’s a canine tooth, front tooth, or molar, a dental implant can replace it when needed. This can be done wherever a tooth is missing throughout the mouth.
- Immediate Implants. Same-day dental implants are placed immediately following tooth extraction. Your surgeon inserts the implant post into the empty tooth socket, which heals as your implant heals.
- Implant-Supported Bridge. When you have multiple teeth missing next to each other, a bridge supported on dental implants can complete the dental arch while providing all the benefits of dental implants.
- Full-Arch Restoration. You will leave the office with a brand new, natural-looking smile. This treatment is ideal for patients in need of an entire new set of teeth and involves using dental implants to support a fixed denture in one or both arches.
- Removable Bridges or Partial Dentures. These oral appliances do not fuse to the jaw bone or prevent bone loss. They restore the appearance of your smile, but require special care and replacements every few years.
- No Replacement. If you choose not to replace a missing tooth, the jaw bone will weaken in that area over time. This can lead to facial sagging, nearby teeth shifting into the empty space, and extensive bone repair surgery if the bone loss becomes significant.
Same-Day Dental Implant Cost
During your first visit, our staff will cover all of the items that factor into the cost of replacing missing teeth with dental implants. This includes your insurance details, the number of teeth you need extracted and replaced, if you require bone grafts, your choice of anesthesia, and more. Our practice believes in being transparent with our patients, which is why we provide a cost estimate upfront prior to treatment. We also accept many payment methods and have financing options available to finance dental implant surgery and other procedures.
Find Us in San Diego
We have an office in Coastal San Diego near Pacific Beach and another office in East San Diego near La Mesa, CA. Both of our offices proudly serve the San Diego community and these surrounding areas:
3737 Moraga Ave, Ste B-216
San Diego, CA 92117
- Oceanside, CA
- Carlsbad, CA
- Escondido, CA
- Encinitas, CA
- Solana Beach, CA
- Del Mar, CA
- Poway, CA
- National City, CA
- Chula Vista, CA
6386 Alvarado Ct, Ste 110
San Diego, CA 92120
- La Mesa, CA
- El Cajon, CA
- Santee, CA
- National City, CA
- Chula Vista, CA
Types of Anesthesia
The right anesthesia will depend on the complexity of your procedure and your level of anxiety.
Hear From Patients
How Can We Help?
If you have questions, would like to learn more about a procedure, or wish to schedule an appointment, give us a call. Our board-certified surgeons and attentive team are here to help.