Apply for a chance to receive free wisdom teeth removal.
Did you know...
- • Wisdom teeth are the last of the 32 adult teeth to develop and erupt.
- • Wisdom teeth produce stem cells that can be saved for the potential treatment of future illness and disease.
- • Wisdom teeth are also known as third molars.
- • Impacted wisdom teeth can cause infections, damage to other teeth, cysts, and more.
- • Wisdom teeth got their nickname because they often grow in during the “age of wisdom,” usually between the ages of 17 and 25.
The Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Specialists of San Diego is providing free wisdom teeth removal procedures through our Wisdom For Wisdom program to two local students. The goal of the program is to help students save more money for college expenses, like textbooks, by offering the wisdom teeth removal procedure for free.
Simon, 18, from La Mesa, just graduated from high school and plans to attend San Diego State University where he will major in Mechanical Engineering. He was scheduled to have his wisdom teeth taken out last year, but the procedure was canceled because of COVID-19. Knowing that he has needed them removed for a longer than initially planned has created more concern around the damage his wisdom teeth could cause to his other teeth.
Aneseigha, 23, from La Jolla, is a student at the University of California San Diego. She is currently in her fourth year pre-med and knows that she has at least 5 years of school ahead of her. She was considering taking out a loan to pay for her wisdom teeth removal procedure. Being a part of the Wisdom For Wisdom program will allow her to put more funds towards studying for the MCAT and purchase her textbooks instead of relying on copies from the library.