Welcome to The Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Specialists of San Diego, the practice of skilled oral surgeons Dr. Koshgerian and Dr. Shelton. Our goal is to provide the very best services to our patients all the way through their experience with us, and that means that we work hard to help you feel relaxed and comfortable the moment you walk through our doors. During your initial consultation appointment with your oral surgeon, you will receive a full examination with detailed explanations of your condition and diagnosis, and then a treatment plan will be created based on your goals for long-term oral health, aesthetics, and functionality. Less complex procedures may take place on the day of your consultation, but if you require a more involved treatment, we will schedule your procedure for another day.
During your first visit, you can expect to receive diagnostic images, but also please bring any X-rays or scans from your general dentist or referring physician to your appointment. You may also request that your dentist or doctor forward the images to our practice for review.
Here are a few things we will ask you to provide when you come in:
- Your health and/or dental insurance information
- A list of current or prior medical conditions, including diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.
- A list of the medications you are taking (heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.)
- Referral forms or X-rays given to you by your dentist or physician (if any)
- A valid driver’s license or photo ID
- Form of payment (credit card, checkbook, etc.)
If you have not already filled out the medical/dental health questionnaire, the patient information form, and the financial information form, we ask you to please arrive a few minutes early to allow time to complete them. Thank you for trusting your care to The Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Specialists of San Diego. We look forward to providing you with excellent oral surgery care in a welcoming and professional environment.
Note: If you are under the age of 18, please bring a parent or guardian along with you for the consultation visit.